Thursday, March 11, 2010

John 14:1 - The Amazing One Word

I usually spend much of the week preparing for my Sunday sermon. Is that a weakness?
One preacher was bragging to his Church Elders Board that it took him only 15 minutes to prepare his sermons, the time it took the church driver to bring him to church from his house! The elders were not amused. They concluded they were paying him so much for only 15 minutes of work per week. They then decided to relocate him to a new personage 1 hour away from the church so that he could spend more time preparing his sermons!!! Sorry about the early digression.

This morning, I was re-reading John 14. I read it yesterday also. But I'm getting ready for Sunday, so I'll read my chosen passage a few times and spend more than 15 minutes to get myself ready for Sunday!!!

Then this morning, as soon as I started reading, I saw something I had previously paid little attention to in the first verse: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me."

I rejoiced in my spirit because I felt a sudden lifting of my burdens as I could relate the word TRUST to my situations right now.

I have recently faced a lot of rejections. I cannot even call my "friends" anymore on the phone because they wont talk to me!!! If you leave a church, would you make your pastor a personal non grata?

I recently lost my job in a way you can only call "forced out". My job as a financial rep did not come with benefits when you leave.

We recently moved our our church to a bigger facility. Spent all our savings on the acquisition and new equipment. My "friends" chose that time to leave. A reason I'm hearing they gave is that the cost of running the new place "was" going to be too much to bear! Where is our God if we cannot TRUST Him to carry our burden?

So this morning, I said, this is it: I will no longer allow my heart to be troubled. I will TRUST the Father and TRUST the Son for all my needs. All my concerns, fears, worries and anxieties.

To trust is to rest comfortable and peaceful when realities show otherwise. To trust is to smile when you are paining on the inside. To trust is to have FAITH that God will always come through in your moment of loneliness, rejection, sickness, lack, emptiness and whatever this world may throw at you.

Please TRUST Him today. He will come to your rescue and brighten your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment